Getting the word out to as many seniors as early as possible is critical to plan for a successful Class Gift. There are many options for how to do this which are covered in another section [See the Marketing Timeline Section], but from a scheduling perspective, we have some recommendations.
- Announcement of the formation of the Class Gift Committee on social media sites should happen in the late fall or early spring, shortly after the first committee meeting.
- Invitation to contribute to the Class Gift by email and social media sites should follow in week 4-6 of the spring semester.
- “Why I Gave” interview videos via social media sites should be released very shortly after invitation to give.
- “Impact of Class Gifts,” demonstrating how “your” gift makes a difference, should go out to serve as reminder in weeks 8-10 of spring semester.
- Final appeal and Giving Countdown to graduation should go out over email and social media no later than week 12-13 of spring semester. Finals Week is typically week 14-15 which needs to be the priority for students and Committee Members.
- Additional donor impact stories can be shared throughout the spring semester as appropriate.
Looking for a customized approach?
Looking for something tailored for your school or to address your specific needs? Our consultants are happy to work with you and your school to develop a customized strategy for your office, students, and campus. Learn more about how we can help tailor to your campus here.